Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cleveland Rocks, and Homeward Bound

I was torn between two songs for the last blog post of this great trip, so I went with both. We made it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, on the shores of Lake Erie. For a lot of people on the bus, including myself, 2 hours was not nearly enough time to spend there.






We made it back to Wild Rose around 9:15 tonight. I cannot express enough how grateful I am to this group of individuals for their help and cooperation this week. You were truly a great group to work with. 


I asked each student what their favorite part of the trip was, so as a sign off here is what they had to say...

Top of the Rock, seeing the city. - Tanner

Forcing Mr. Yeska into the pool -Nick 

Being in New York and seeing how nuts it was. Aladdin was good, being able to walk around Times Square, and Top of the Rock were the best, -Jeremy 

New York was pretty amazing, being on the top of the city was great and just hanging out with great friends. - Justin 

The best part of the trip was going to New York and feeing people spend their day in the big apple. -Jerah

Seeing the Statue of Liberty, and even though I was a little scared, going on the rock and seeing all of the city. -Jacob 

The best part was exploring New York, every last bit of it. -Faith

The whole trip was pretty amazing, but the best part was seeing how different we live. - Ari G.

The best part for me was Times Square and the broadway show. - Robbie

The best part was being on top of the rock to see the city. - Austîn 

The whole trip was a unforgettable experience! My favorite parts were seeing the geography of the east coast, and the rock and roll hall of fame. Also the amazing view from the rock. - Mary

My favorite parts were when we drove through New York, I'm not a city person, but it was beautiful! Then we went to the top of the rock! Oh wow was that amazing. Then the last was the rock and roll hall of fame. Every one of my favorite singers were there, well except Dolly. - Dani

My favorite part about this trip was to see all the sights on the on the way there and back, I loved seeing all the buildings in New York, but I'd never want to live there.  I liked walking the streets too. -Monica

My favorite part about the trip was going to Broadway! This part of the trip meant a lot to me because I am all about theater, and it'd be amazing to work up to something like broadway. - Allie

My favorite part about this trip was walking around Times Square. I was able to take a picture with a giant version of the sphere. The view of Top of the Rock was just as great! - Sierra

Most favorite part about my trip was Times Square & Top of the Rock. It was nice and I've always dreamed about going there. - Derek

My favorite part of this trip was going to Times Square. I loved seeing Aladdin on Broadway and walking around in New York City - my dream city (I hope to live there). I loved going to the Hard Rock Cafe and the Rock Hall, and I'd love to be able to go back (and maybe have more time in Times Square). - Megan

My favorite part of the trip was going to New York and exploring Times Square, and exploring Philadelphia. Seeing the architecture and the art within the city and historic buildings were breathtaking! I'm definitely coming back. - Katie

My favorite part of this week was definitely seeing all the new attractions that we didn't see last year. It was beautiful to see all the New York lights! - Haeleigh

My all time favorite part of this trip was going down times square and seeing all of the lights and stores. I loved going to see Aladdin. It was amazing, I love theater so much. - Ari D.

My favorite part of this New York trip was the experience. I mean I've seen pictures of the place, but you can only get ideas from pictures you can't really understand them until you have experienced them first hand. - Haley A.

Finally, over the course of the week we encountered several other school groups. After these encounters I was always left with one of two thoughts:
1) "We have a great group of kids in Wild Rose, very well behaved and respectful."
2) "I would be embarrassed if I was that kids teacher."

The students and chaperones did a great job all week, especially getting on and off the bus in NYC.

I hope to be able to take another group in 2 years!
Until next time,...
-Big Y

No comments:

Post a Comment